Skip to main content

What you can do

If you are planning medical transition, and may want a child in the future, it’s important to discuss the options with your doctor before medical transition begins.

Some transgender or gender diverse people may experience fertility problems that are not related to their gender transition.

A fertility specialist can assist you before, during and after transition.

The Victorian Assisted Reproductive Treatment Authority website outlines options for trans and gender diverse people including traditional or assisted conception, egg freezing, sperm freezing, embryo freezing, donor conception, surrogacy.

Read more about preserving fertility.

Looking for more?

Image of Thinking about having a baby resource

Thinking about having a baby?

What men and women can do to increase their chance of getting pregnant and having a healthy baby...

Useful links: